Call Us for a Consultation(847) 564-0712
Call Now: (847) 564-0712

P Visas

P visas are issued to certain entertainers, circus artists, and athletes who wish to work temporarily in the U.S. or as a group entering the U.S. as a part of a reciprocal exchange program.

P Visa Eligibility and Requirements

Outstanding athletes may apply for this visa in order to compete in the U.S., either as individuals or as members of an internationally recognized athletic team. Entertainment groups with an outstanding international reputation can be granted P-1 classification as a unit; however individual entertainers within these groups cannot apply for P-1 visas to perform separate from the group. P-1 visas can also be granted to essential support personnel of P-1 athletes and entertainment groups.

The spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 are permitted to accompany P visa holders to the United States, under P-4 status. P-4 visa holders are not allowed to work, but may attend schools or colleges. Servants of a P-1 visa holder may receive a B-1 visa with work authorization.

From our Chicago and Northbrook, Illinois offices, The Shapiro Law Group utilizes over 30 years of immigration law experience in P visa matters for clients across the globe. We strive to help our business clients meet the qualifications to secure the proper visa for their specific situation. Contact a business immigration lawyer at our office today to learn more about how we handle P visa cases.

P Visas
View all our Practice Areas