Call Us for a Consultation(847) 564-0712
Call Now: (847) 564-0712

Finding Good Employers Who Hire Foreign Workers

Written By The Shapiro Law Group on November 13, 2012

Many individuals from foreign countries want to work in the U.S. and are qualified to do so, but they are not sure how to find a good employer.

One of the best places to start is by searching the Internet for publicly available information about employers who utilize the popular H-1B visa program for sponsoring foreign workers. A variety of Web sites offer interested individuals an opportunity to search through databases that contain the names and contact information about employers who have hired or are hiring foreign workers under this program, but it is a good idea to verify that the information is accurate and up to date before using these services.

It is also important for an interested worker to do some of their own research about the companies that might hire them. For instance, potential H-1B visa applicants should consider:

  • Whether a company is willing to pay for the applicable visa fees.
  • Whether the company will pay for boarding, lodging and training for you.
  • Whether the company has a reputation for paying on time without delay.
  • Whether the company does green card processing for those who might want to become permanent residents.
  • Whether the company gives raises over time to its qualified foreign workers.

If you are a foreign worker in need of legal assistance related to a visa petition, do not hesitate to contact our office at (847) 564-0712 to speak with a qualified attorney. You can also check out our immigration law Website for information on how we might assist you.