The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (the “USCIS”) recently released its 2011 Employer Handbook which explains employment eligibility verification rules, regulations and forms for employers.
This handbook is free via PDF and provides essential information for employers pertinent to documentation of employment eligibility. Among other things, the handbook provides:
- an overview of the latest Homeland Security Act requirements pertinent to employment eligibility verification;
- an explanation of how to complete various sections of the required Form I-9 pertinent to employment eligibility;
- an explanation of record retention requirements pertinent to Form I-9;
- an overview of the anti-discrimination provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act;
- an explanation of requirements pertaining to those who refer laborers to agricultural employers for a fee;
- an explanation of the E-verify system and how it pertains to federal contractors; and
- answers to other frequently asked questions about Form I-9 requirements.
If you are an employer who hires foreign workers and you have questions about compliance with rules and regulations applicable to Form I-9 or any other federal or state requirements, do not hesitate to call our office at (847) 564-0712. You are also welcome to check out the pertinent section of our Website for more information.