Call Us for a Consultation(847) 564-0712
Call Now: (847) 564-0712

Bringing Your Foreign Spouse Home

Written By The Shapiro Law Group on November 24, 2010

If you have found true love and even marriage during your work assignment overseas, and you want to bring your spouse home for the holidays, what do you do?

For a long time, it was necessary to obtain a permanent residence card (green card) for your foreign spouse in order to bring them home, and that could be a very lengthy process. But now you can apply for a K-3 spousal visa, which has a much faster processing time, while you simultaneously pursue a green card petition.

Of course, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and any relevant consular officials will scrutinize the authenticity of the marriage very closely, and the scrutiny will be even higher in countries that have a history of facilitating fraudulent or dubious marriages.

Thus, a non-citizen spouse should be prepared for a K-3 visa interview that could be quite daunting, and should anticipate the possible need for documentation and proof of the authentic nature of the marriage.

All answers to consular questions should not only be genuine, but consistent with any answers provided in K-3 paperwork as well.

If you are looking for legal assistance with a K-3 visa application, do not hesitate to call our office at (847) 564-0712 and/or check out the pertinent section of our Website.