Call Us for a Consultation(847) 564-0712
Call Now: (847) 564-0712

No Need to Be Apart

Written By The Shapiro Law Group on August 13, 2010

Foreign spouses of U.S. citizens need not wait for a green card to enter the country. They may be able to join their loved one here in the U.S. by obtaining a non-immigrant visa while they wait to apply for or receive lawful permanent residence status.

You might be eligible for a K3 Visa specifically designed for foreign spouses of American citizens if:

  • You are legally married to a U.S. citizen;
  • Your U.S. spouse has filed on your behalf a family-based I-130 petition; and
  • You want to enter the country pending the grant of a green card petition and lawful permanent residence.

By obtaining a K3 Visa, you can:

  • Apply for a proper work permit and engage in employment here; and
  • Bring your dependent children here on a K4 Visa if approved.

For more information about family immigration matters, check out the Family and Citizenship section of our Website or contact the law office of Ron Shapiro to make an appointment at (847) 564-0712.