Call Us for a Consultation(847) 564-0712
Call Now: (847) 564-0712

Is Your Valentine Across The Ocean?

Written By The Shapiro Law Group on May 07, 2010

If you and your foreign sweetheart decided to tie the knot in February, and you are now wondering how to obtain a non-immigrant K-3 visa from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”) you are not alone.

The world is not just getting flatter is getting smaller with the advent of social media services that are facilitating intimate global connections. Last year, more than one out of eight marriages were of couples who connected on Facebook, and 70 percent of Facebook’s 400 million users were out outside of the U.S.

So how do you go about the process of legally “domesticating” your sweetheart? Well, for starters, it is smart to have a lawyer, but you can find information about the process on the USCIS Website, which offers publications entitled “How Do I Bring My Spouse to Live in the United States?” and “How Do I Become a K-3 Nonimmigrant as the Spouse of a U.S. Citizen?

For more information about love and immigration, see our Website content regarding K-1 and K-3 and other types of Immediate Relative Visas.